Call For Papers
Deadline extended! April 30 2012
The National Aboriginal Health Organization is calling for papers to be considered for publication in the fall 2012 issue of the Journal of Aboriginal Health. This issue will be devoted to Inuit health and wellness in its broadest sense. Authors may explore this theme in relation to one or more of the following topics.
Research Articles (standard journal article format, maximum 5,000 words):
• Health research concerning Inuit, including studies on determinants of health.
• Community-based research.
• Articles by Inuit post-secondary students.
• Promising practices and models in addressing Inuit research ethics, academic-community collaborations and effective knowledge translation.
Community Stories (narrative and/or photo descriptions, 500 – 2,000 words):
• Experiences in collaboration with research projects.
• Best practices in community-researcher relationships.
• Initiatives and programs that have applied research evidence to solving a community problem.
Book Reviews (of a recent publication that contributes important knowledge, maximum 500 words):
• Research methodology, ethics and techniques.
• Guides to community-based research.
• Indigenous and/or Inuit knowledge.
Complete manuscripts suitable for peer review are due by April 30, 2012. Please refer to the Journal’s submission guidelines. Authors will be notified of their acceptance on or before June 30, 2012 via e-mail to the person designated as the corresponding author or contact for the submission.
For more information, please visit the Journal’s website or contact:
Cathleen Knotsch, Senior Research Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mary Ashoona Bergin, Community Liaison Officer, email@example.com
Inuit Tuttarvingat of the National Aboriginal Health Organization
220 Laurier Avenue West, Suite 1200
Ottawa, ON K1P 5Z9
Toll Free: 1-877-602-4445