Inuit Tuttarvingat coordinates two information networks for Inuit health professionals and/or those working in Inuit communities. Through information websites and listservs, Inuit Tuttarvingat shares the latest research and resources to health professionals or those with an interest in health issues.
The networks are:
- Irnisuksiniiq Inuit Midwifery Network: This website and listserv provides midwives and maternity care workers with up-to-date resources and the latest research on the midwifery field and connects Inuit midwives in remote communities to midwives working in other Inuit regions. www.inuitmidwifery.ca
- Inuit Tobacco-free Network: This website and listserv keeps Inuit health workers and their colleagues up-to-date on tobacco reduction resources, research and events. www.naho.ca/inuittobaccofree
Audio Visual Products
- One of Inuit Tuttarvingat’s significant projects is the “Qanuqtuurniq – Finding the Balance” television series. This was a live, phone-in TV series about Inuit wellness, which was broadcast on APTN North in Canada and 360 North in Alaska in May 2009. Through this three-part series, Inuit Tuttarvingat shared health information, stories about successful Inuit community health projects and interesting research with audiences across northern regions. www.inuitwellness.ca
- Watch our YouTube videos. Inuit youth tell us their stories about smoking and quitting smoking. See the “Inuit Youth Video Project”.
- All our videos are available at IsumaTV and Vimeo.